Attention kitten lovers! We are now accepting applicants for the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee! It’s Kitten Season, meaning we have a huge number of bottle baby kittens in urgent need of a temporary home. You would be doing a great service by taking these little guys in!
Do you love kittens but aren’t ready for those lil’ felines to grow up? Do you want to spend time with tiny kittens but can’t commit to a pet for life? Then fostering bottle baby kittens might be your calling! Trust us when we say that this is a club you want to join. You can call our Culver City store at 310-933-6863 or click here to apply online to get started!
These kitties are super little and aren’t quite off milk yet. It’s up to you to provide them the love and care they need before they’re ready to be spayed and neutered and go home with their furever families. Basically your core responsibilities will be feeding these cats and providing them cuddles so they are properly socialized.
- You must attend the Bottle Babies 101 Approval Course. This class will teach you how to feed and care for your kitties so they grow up big and strong.
- Kitty caregivers under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult who has also attended the bottle baby orientation.
- Bottle baby fosters must be able to provide feedings at least every four hours.
- Foster parents must also be able to purchase any supplies that aren’t already included in the starter kit (this is provided by Adopt & Shop).
- Fosters must have access to reliable transportation for taking the kittens to and from Adopt & Shop in Culver City for appointments or medical emergencies.
- Kittens must be kept separate from other pets in the foster home.
- Foster parents must be able to report to Adopt & Shop staff with daily check-ins, including the kittens’ weight, health status and other information.
Items in Bottle Baby Starter Kit
- Gram scale
- Weight chart
- Blankets and bedding
- Soft wipes for stimulating (teaching good potty habits)
- Nursing bottle
- Miracle Nipple
- KMR Kitten Milk Replacer
- Heating pad
- Litter pan
- Gruel supplies (for transitioning kitties to solid food)
Again, just call Adopt & Shop Culver City at 310-933-6863 to get started or fill out the online application here. You’ll learn all about caring for your kittens at the bottle babies class. This course includes teaching you how to properly feed the kittens, keep them warm, clean them, litter box train, socialize and track their health status. Most importantly: You’ll receive contact info so you can call or email the appropriate parties if you experience an emergency or have questions.