A good pet owner is a prepared pet owner! And dogs and cats can get in all kinds of accidents, big and small. This is why Adopt & Shop now offers pet CPR and first aid classes.
Join us for our new PetCPR+ certification course with Pet Emergency Education. This class certifies attendees in canine or feline CPR and first aid. This certification is valid for 2 years and the registration fee is $69.95 with the Ebook and $94.95 with a printed book. You can see upcoming dates here!
Registration also includes:
- 2 CPR certification wallet cards
- Official certificate
- 2-year subscription to an online Animal Emergency Resource Center
- Your choice of the 88-page, full-color class manual either as an Ebook (this is view only and cannot be printed) or a printed copy (additional $24.95)
Organizations and businesses can ask for a frameable professional certificate, and window decal, to hang in their place of business to promote that their staff or members are certified.
This program is based on the most current method of animal CPR, called the RECOVER Initiative, which was developed by emergency veterinarians. The course was designed to teach the participant how to administer emergency CPR and first aid to an animal until veterinary care is available.
The skills and topics covered in this class include:
- Safety techniques when working with sick and/or injured animals
- How to perform emergency triage and assess if an animal is experiencing a life threatening medical emergency
- How to restrain and properly transport sick and/or injured animals
- How to provide emergency first aid to dogs and cats en route to veterinary care
- How to take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal versus abnormal readings
- Learn about the importance of the pet first aid kit and how to use the items in it during an emergency
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies, such as severe wounds, poisoning, burns, choking and more
- How to perform the most current industry standard method of cardiopulmonary resuscitation on dogs and cats
Registrations received after the preregistration period (5 business days immediately prior to a class) or walk-in registrations are subject to a $5 late fee and the late registrant will have their cards, manual and any retail mailed to them within 5-7 days after the class.
We hope to see you there!